A number of us have extensive experience in intellectual property law and competition law, enabling us to offer our clients effective and efficient advice. We are particularly concerned with the adequate protection of the intellectual property of our clients and assist our clients before the courts or registration authorities, in particular in the following areas:
- patent law; trademark law; copyright law and neighbouring rights; design law;
- unfair competition law;
- cartel law;
- software protection;
- domain names; internet law;
- company name law;
- data protection;
- art law.
Kasser Schlosser Attorneys at Law is included in the following rankings:
- 2022 edition of IAM Patent 1000 in the category "Litigation";
- 2021 edition of Chambers Europe in the category "Intellectual Property";
- Who's Who Legal 2021 in the categories "Life Sciences", "Patents" and "Trademarks";
- Best Lawyers 2021 in the category "Intellectual Property Law";
- 2021 edition ot the World Trademark Review 1000 in the category "enforcement and litigation";
- IP Stars 2021 Trade mark contentious and Patent contentious;
- "Best Law Firms 2021" in the IP category according to Le Temps/BILANZ magazine;
- Leaders League 2021 "Highly recommended" in the category "Patent litigation" and "Excellent" in the category "Trademark & copyright litigation";
- 2020 edition of the Décideurs Magazine in the category "Contentieux de brevets".
Corporate & Commercial
We advise local and international companies, established companies, start-ups and investors as well as managers and directors on all aspects of the creation or development of their business.
We draft and negotiate for our clients all the necessary documents for all types of transactions, such as an investment, merger or the establishment of a shareholders' agreement.
In particular, our activity covers the following matters:
- corporate governance and internal organization of the board;
- mergers and acquisitions (M&A);
- restructuring, transfer of assets and demerger ;
- incorporation of companies;
- preparing and keeping minutes of general meetings and other internal documents;
- liquidation of companies;
- advising and representing companies, board members or shareholders before the courts, in particular in the context of liability actions;
Kasser Schlosser Attorneys at Law is included in the following rankings:
- Best Lawyers 2021 in the category "Corporate Law".
Employment, Mediation & Audit
Employment law is part of our daily concerns. Companies and private individuals are sure to find experienced and specialised contacts in our firm. We assist our clients in all aspects of employment law and the relationship between employers and employees: advice, out-of-court negotiations, drafting of employment contracts and company regulations.
We also defend our clients before the courts, particularly in the following areas:
- employment contracts;
- public employment law;
- social insurance.
In addition, we are able to offer high-quality professional mediation, which is carried out by people with extensive experience in the business world. In this context, we establish direct communication and strive to find appropriate and personalised solutions, all in accordance with the principles of confidentiality, neutrality and impartiality.
Finally, in case of dysfunction, conflict, difficult or unsatisfactory situations, we propose to analyze in a neutral and objective way the different factors of dysfunction that have contributed to the emergence of faults in the work climate. The auditing services take the form of a summary report which provides a diagnosis of the situation analysed as well as a list of measures or areas for development in favour of the re-establishment of a respectful and serene working climate and which makes it possible to evaluate the conformity of the working environment with legal requirements.
In the event of an accusation of a violation of personality, in particular psychological or sexual harassment, we are able to carry out a complete, neutral and impartial investigation process, aimed at verifying the facts while respecting the rights of each of the protagonists involved as well as the applicable procedural requirements. The investigation services take the form of a report summarizing the hearings that have taken place, with conclusions and recommendations.
Real Estate & Construction
We have extensive legal knowledge and experience in the fields of construction and real estate. We represent our clients in all civil and administrative proceedings, in particular in the following areas:
- contracts for transfer of ownership, leases for rent;
- contracts for the execution of works, services of architects and engineers;
- proceedings related to defects in the work and the registration of a tradesman's or building contractor's statutory mortgage right;
- law of condominium and co-ownership;
- land use planning.
We have extensive experience in contract law. As well as offering advice and assistance before the courts, we draft and review contracts in English, French and German. Our services relate in particular to the following areas:
- distribution and agency agreements;
- rfranchising and licensing agreements;
- IT-related agreements;
- joint-venture and partnership agreements;
- leasing agreements;
- mandate and brokerage agreements;
- purchase agreements.
Public & Administrative
We have extensive expertise in public and administrative law, in which we provide advice, develop strategies and conduct proceedings. We advise public authorities, companies and private individuals, in particular in the following areas:
- general administrative law;
- public procurement and concession law;
- land use planning and construction law;
- environmental law;
- network and energy industry law;
- European law;
- immigration law.
The firm enjoys a longstanding tradition of service in matters of criminal law. We offer advice and represent clients before the investigating authorities and the courts. The main areas covered are the following:
- criminal law;
- white-collar crime;
- international mutual assistance in criminal matters;
- victim law.
Personality & Medias
The firm has many years experience in consulting and representation before the courts regarding media law, more particularly in relation to issues falling under personality and image rights. Several proceedings have concerned the complex problem of the diffusion of litigious comments on the Internet.
We have expertise and experience in inheritance law and other areas of private law. We provide advice, define strategies and conduct proceedings, in particular in the following areas
- estate planning ;
- execution of wills;
- rights of heirs;
- estate liquidation;
- estate litigation.
Our expertise also covers the following areas:
Contact: Amédée Kasser
- property law (in particular ownership, possession, condominium and easements);
- securities (in particular contract of surety, guarantee of performance by third party; other securities).
Private and social insurances
We have proven experience in social insurance law. In this context, we advise and assist our clients both before administrative and judicial authorities, in particular in the following areas:
- health insurance;
- loss of income insurance;
- accident insurance, disability insurance, old-age and survivors' insurance;
- occupational provisions;
- insurance contracts;
- private insurances.